Welcome to Our Website
In an effort to make your consultation appointment as convenient as possible, we have provided a section of this website called Online Forms. You can go to patient registration in the Online Forms section and complete your patient information and health history forms before your consultation appointment.
Your initial consultation appointment with Dr. Freimuth will consist of the following:
- Examination and Consultation with Dr. Freimuth
- Review of your health history and current medications and allergies
- Explanation of your diagnosis
- Explanation of your surgical and anesthesia treatment options
- Discussion of your surgical and anesthesia treatment plan
- Review informed consent materials and give written consent for the procedure
- Review of your insurance coverage, financial obligations and financing options
- Preoperative Instructions
- Scheduling your surgical procedure
It is rare that a surgical procedure can be performed on the same day as the consultation for the following reasons:
- Preoperative consultation and examination is mandatory before I.V. Anesthesia
- Complex surgical treatment plans
- Complex medical histories
- Medication regimens that require adjustment (ie, coumadin patients)
- Anesthesia treatment plans that require sedation and pain control
- Most patients are restricted from eating or drinking after midnight the day before surgery
- Scheduling to care for our patients during their appointed times
- However, we do keep special emergency surgical time during our morning surgical schedule in order to provide emergent surgical services to our patients in a timely manor.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any X-rays if applicable
- A list of medications you are presently taking
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)
- All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
- All patients must have an adult to drive them home after I.V. anesthesia.
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.