Oral and maxillofacial surgery requires four additional years of hospital-based surgical and anesthesia training after graduation from dental school. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Freimuth manages a wide variety of problems relating to the mouth, teeth, and facial regions. Dr. Freimuth practices a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from dental implant surgery and wisdom tooth removal to corrective jaw surgery. This also includes techniques designed to rebuild bone structure with minimal surgical intervention and optimal patient comfort. Our office can also diagnose and treat facial pain, facial injuries, and fractures.
Dr. Freimuth performs surgery at multiple facilities in Yuma, including his Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Center and the Yuma Outpatient Surgery Center. He also performs surgery at Yuma Regional Medical Center, where he has been an active medical staff member of the department of surgery, since 1989. Dr. Freimuth is on-call for the Y.R.M.C. Emergency Department taking care of facial injuries and emergencies. Dr. Freimuth has been active in medical staff leadership at Yuma Regional Medical Center for the past twenty years. His leadership roles have included Chief of Staff and Chairman of Credentials.
Dr. Freimuth practices a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise in the following areas:
- Oral Surgery to remove teeth and wisdom teeth
- Pre-prosthetic Surgery to prepare the mouth and jaws for full and partial dentures
- Dental Implant Surgery to place implants in the jaws to attach crowns, bridges and dentures
- Bone Grafting to rebuild the mouth and face from trauma, cancer and defects
- Soft Tissue Grafting to rebuild the gum tissue and enhance the appearance of the smile
- Cosmetic and plastic surgery of the gums to enhance the smile
- Facial Trauma to repair injuries to the face and facial bones
- Facial Reconstructive Surgery to rebuild damaged areas of the face, mouth and jaws
- Orthognathic Surgery to surgically correct the bite and face during Orthodontics
- Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery to correct the oral and facial defects created by this deformity
- Oral Pathology to remove tumors and cancer of the mouth and jaws
- Laser Surgery to use the carbon dioxide laser to treat pathology and defects of the mouth and face
- Temporomandibular Joint “TMJ” evaluation and surgery
- Lip augmentation and modification procedures to enhance the smile
- BOTOX® Cosmetic injections the reduce muscle clenching and facial wrinkles
- I.V. Sedation and General Anesthesia to control anxiety and pain during surgery
- Adults and children of all ages
The surgical staff at R. Michael Freimuth, DDS are experienced oral and maxillofacial surgical assistants, who assist in the administration of IV sedation and surgery. All staff are informed administrative personnel, well versed in health and insurance policies, and are CPR certified.